It's happening

Today is the 4th day of the 36th week, the 4th day of the 9th month, the 248th day of 2024.

This is what every room looks like now....

And there is still more to do.  So much more to do...

Yesterday my daughter and grandson came over and started packing while I had to go to the new place and meet the Comcast tech

You see, on Saturday, when the activation was scheduled, the tech ghosted me - pulled up to the building, typed on their phone, then pulled away.  And how do I know that is what happened?  Because the call box wasn't working on my iPhone and I was sitting in the lobby waiting for them after getting the text that they were on the way.

Of course I immediately called and asked the "virtual assistant" where the tech was, and after texting for over 90 minutes, the appointment was rescheduled for Tuesday at 10 AM.  I was livid - Saturday and Tuesday packing time lost as I twiddled my fingers waiting.  Then the two of them showed up at 9 AM, said go, and dug in while I sprinted to the new place.  The tech was there when I pulled up, but didn't text until 9:55 at which point I said "of course I was home" and let him in.

He talked the entire time on the phone to his girlfriend, only stopped to talk to me now and then.  He told me not to run the cable to my computer, that cabling would degrade the signal and would give me slower speeds than if I worked from the router's WIFI.  He told me the cable I bought wouldn't fit the router.  He activated the phone, then couldn't activate the TV service.  He went out and sat on the floor of the balcony and stayed there for almost an hour "talking to his supervisor" about how to activate it - then at 11:50 came in, said it couldn't be activated until a TV was hooked up and left.

After he left, following directions from my tech kids, I plugged the cable that wouldn't fit into the correct slot on the router, which had to be rebooted because for some reason it had to be plugged directly into the wall, not a surge protector, and I tested the result.  On the left are the mobile speeds.  On the right are the ethernet speeds, coming through the long cable to the other side of the room which he claimed would be slower.  

Nice dude, but poor customer skills and not as knowledgeable as one would expect a service tech to be.  I have declined to reply to the survey to assess my experience.  

So we stopped packing at 4PM and called a halt because I had to eat and get to my hair appointment cut 'n color.  Believe it or not, there is still a lot more to pack, and we are running out of boxes and of wrapping paper/bubble wrap, having gone through the entire huge oversized trash bags that I had been saving, so they are getting more for me.  Today is a short day with them as they both have things to do in the morning and again in the evening.

Drove all the way to Columbia for the second time, walked in, and found I had put the wrong date on my calendar!  The appointment was for next week, the 10th, and I doubt very much I can do that with the movers taking the stuff out of this apartment that day.  My hairdresser, bless her heart, told me that even though I had cancelled, she was not going to rebook my slot just in case I could get there.  Feeling like a complete idiot, I came home.  Triscuit had spent yesterday under the bed after my wonderful packers arrived, so she was out and actually came and cuddled for a bit as we both reached for some normalcy during this chaotic time.  I rested then until bedtime, which came fairly early 

This morning Triscuit is enjoying her sunbeam for a bit - until they get here at least.  There aren't many days left for her to do so as she goes to the vet for boarding on Monday.   

And, this time next week, the furniture will be delivered to the new apartment.  Then the nightmare of unpacking and settling in starts....

Ye gods, how I hate moving!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 296 - just another Monday

In exactly one month