M - 18 and fretting

 Today is the 5th day of the 34th week, the 22nd day of the 8th month, the 235th day of 2024, and:

  • Be An Angel Day
  • International Day Commemorating The Victims of Acts of Violence Based on Religion or Belief
  • National BAO Day
  • National Surgical Oncologist Day
  • National Pecan Torte Day
  • National Tooth Fairy Day
  • Never Bean Better Day
  • Southern Hemisphere Hoodie Hoo Day
  • Take Your Cat to the Vet Day
  • World Plant Milk Day

Quote of the day:
"With practice, we can learn to be like a rainbow, holding both the weight and sadness of rain and the joy and warmth of the sun."
~  Mark Van Buren, “Everyone Wants to Save the World, But No One Wants to Help Mom Do the Dishes

Tomorrow I am taking off from work.  The good news is this is a short work week and I have a three day weekend coming up!

The bad news is that I am taking off because my IKEA furniture should be delivered to the new apartment tomorrow.  

Back when I was convinced to get a full two bedroom apartment, so that the kids could come over and stay with me comfortably, it was clear that I would have to get some bedroom furniture.  Also, because the new place has hardware floors rather than carpeting, I needed rugs.  Then, after looking my own 39 year old furniture [bought from a place called Aaron's Sells when Frank and I set up housekeeping], and my 17 year old mattress [bought when I moved into my first apartment with my mother here at The Enclave], I decided to replace my own furniture rather than move it.  [I will admit that the fact I would be without a bed overnight on September 10th was probably a factor]  So, Craig took me to the IKEA in College Park about three weeks ago to check everything out.  When I got home, I placed the full order that evening on Saturday, August 3rd, and specified the 23rd as the delivery date, and arranged for a TaskRabbit person to come in the next day on Saturday August 24th to assemble it all for me. 

And this is the point at which the fretting starts

You see, IKEA does deliver, but they use a third party vendor - RXO Last Mile US - to do so.  I've been checking their website, and through this afternoon, the only information I have had about the delivery window has been "between 8 AM and 8 PM" and that's it - no tracking number,   The new place asks that all deliveries be between 9 AM and 4 PM, and when I let them know of the delivery, only reserved the freight elevator until noon.   And at  4PM this evening RXO texts and gives me a new window of 3 PM to 7 PM.  I couldn't even call the management office because they close at 4 PM....

*sighs*

So I have to plan for an entire day spent in the new apartment, with only the toilet seat to sit on in the unit itself, starting first thing in the morning.  I've been sending deliveries to the apartment, trying to time them to arrive tomorrow or Saturday, but there is a bit of a pile up starting to accumulate in front of the door at the moment.  I had warned the management office and they didn't seem disturbed about it, just asked if maintenance had permission to go into the apartment and push the boxes inside if they got in the way, which of course I gave.  At least I can go through these things and put them away as much as possible.  And I don't have to stay in the apartment the entire time, I can choose to hang out in the community area and read or play on the iPad.  But still, a 12 hours window for delivery?

And then there is the issue of actually eating during the day in an empty apartment.  I'll be taking breakfast over with me, and there are some things there already so that my blood sugar doesn't tank unexpectedly on me.

And then there is the fretting that is underneath.  

What if everything doesn't come?  or if something is damaged?  how will that impact the assembly that has been planned?

And should I stick with my Disney themed bedroom or go "adult"? 

 Note:  I tried doing this once, when I first moved here, and decided that I didn't like the formal look.  And who is going to take down those curtains in the old apartment and who is going to put them up in the new place?  Me?  I mean I did it then, but now?

Okay, time to take a deep breath.  

Don't know if I'm choosing to take the right things over with me when I do make the drive, but tomorrow I'll haul cat food and litter so I'm sure that doesn't get lost in the move.  Saturday I don't have to be over there until 9 AM and I'll take over some bagged stuffed animals

And maybe, just maybe, everything will work out just fine, neh?

So I really am trying not to fret, really!

really.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 296 - just another Monday

In exactly one month