another year older

 Today is the 5th day of the 14th week, the 4th day of the 4th month, the 95th day of 2024 [with only 254 shopping days until Christmas], and:

  • 404 Day
  • DARE Day - Drug Abuse Resistance Education 
  • Hug a Newsperson Day
  • Independence Day - Senegal from France 1960
  • International Carrot Day - it is my opinion that a serving of carrot cake should count as a vegetable
  • International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action
  • Jeep 4X4 Day
  • National Alcohol Screening Day
  • National Burrito Day
  • National Cordon Bleu Day
  • National School Librarian Day
  • National Vitamin C Day
  • National Walking Day
  • NATO Day - NATO was formed by the signing of the North Atlantic Treaty this day in 1949
  • Qingming Festival - the first day of the fifth solar term of the traditional Chinese lunisolar calendar, AKA the Ching Ming Festival or Tomb-Sweeping Day
  • Ramen Noodle Day
  • Tell a Lie Day - in this age of "alternative facts", this one should be easy to celebrate
  • Victims of Violence Wholly Day
  • Walk Around Things Day
  • World Drummer's Day
  • World Rat Day

Quote of the day:
"A word to the wise is infuriating."
~  Hunter S Thompson - American journalist and author


Easter came and went.  Never paid much attention to the fact that "International Trans Visibility Day" was the end of March every year until the far right made a big deal of POTUS acknowledging the day this year because it was also Easter Sunday.  My son-in-law created his usual feast and we celebrated both the holiday and my natal day - the only sad thing was that I didn't get any leftovers to bring home.

And so my birthday came and went - I am officially 74 now.   

Knew there was a Beatle's song about 64, but didn't know that there was a song about 74, although I can't understand a word that he is saying, and there is another called Back on 74, but that is about the year not the age.   And 74 is the number of people who were in the presence of God on MT Sinai and saw Him without dying [Exodus 24:9-11].  

Anyway, I worked on Tuesday as usual, doing reports and reconciliations, dealing with the EOM/EOQ as usual.  I'm going to take some time off next week to take Triscuit to the vet for her annual checkup and rabies shot, plus have the car looked at.

*sighs* 

The nurse practitioner I saw last Wednesday had prescribed a stronger steroid cream, and that finally defeated the rash that I was battling. [And since I was also tested to see why I am running a low-grade fever and found non-infectious, I could go over and see the family on Sunday.]  Looks like there will be some scarring though, which hopefully will fade as time goes by.  Not having that incessant itching is a huge boon and makes thing feel a bit brighter despite the doom and gloom of the news

This morning, for some strange reason, I totally forgot my morning routine of insulin shots.  I didn't do the long-term shot nor did I take the short-term shot before having my chai, and I left the pen at home.  As a result, I'm going to get to see just how out of control my blood sugar gets without any regulation at all, apparently!  You have to wonder why a routine that is done every single morning suddenly gets completely overlooked - there should be a word for that kind of blankout ....

The day started out bright and sunny, which was nice to see since it has been raining pretty steadily since Sunday night.  But as the day has worn on, the clouds gathered and thickened and by the afternoon, it looked pretty glum out the office window.  The forecast is calling for showers this afternoon as well, and the flood alert hasn't been lifted yet.

Over all, it hasn't been a bad Thursday, especially when you consider that today is Friday's Eve!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 195 - medicine and movies