Day 9 - second Monday of the second week

 Today is the 3rd day of the 2nd week [it really is Tuesday on the calendar at least], the 9th day of the 1st month, the 9th day of 2024, and:

  • Balloon Ascension Day
  • International Choreographers Day
  • National Apricot Day
  • National Cassoulet Day
  • National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
  • National Poetry at Work Day
  • National Shop for Travel Day
  • National Static Electricity Day
  • National Word Nerd Day
  • Panama's Martyr Day
  • Play God Day [do something nice for someone]
  • the Start of Hōonkō (Nishi Honganji)
  • and Voyager 1 is 22h 34m 41s of light travel time from Earth

Quote of the day:
"Adding sound to movies would be like putting lipstick on the Venus de Milo."

As amusing as the quote for today is, it does make me wonder how many of the things I learned in school well over a half century ago, or believe without thinking about them twice, will be equally amusing to my granddaughters....

It is a sobering thought and makes me feel rather old.  I try very hard to stay up with the latest information, but when all is said and done, I am like every other person, a child of my upbringing and/or culture - which for me was in the 1950's and 1960's as part of a blue collar family in the suburbs of Baltimore.

Today was a tough day in the office, which went down around 11 AM leaving the three folks in the office without internet, phones, or access to files.  The VPN also stopped working around the same time, but I was able to get onto an alternate one.  I had access to everything, but was afraid to start working on anything important because it might go down again.  

Monday.  Definitely another Monday.  It's even rainy!  The good news is that if this was snow, we'd be looking at an accumulation of 10" or more, so there's that.  Doubt we'll be as happy for warmer-than-usual temps in the summer as we are in the winter tho

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 195 - medicine and movies