Day 6 - the first Saturday of the new year

 Today is the 7th day of the 1st week, the 6th day of the 1st month, the 6th day of 2024, and:

  • Apple Tree Day
  • Armenian Christmas
  • Cuddle Up Day
  • Epiphany
  • Fruitcake Toss Day
  • I Am a Mentor Day
  • National Bean Day
  • National King Cake Day
  • National Shortbread Day
  • National Smith Day
  • National Take a Poet to Lunch Day
  • National Take Down the Christmas Tree Day
  • National Technology Day
  • Three Kings Day
  • Theophany Day
  • World Day for War Orphans
  • and Voyager 1 is 22h 34m 37s of light travel time from Earth

Today I undecorated.

I had saved the huge plastic bag the wreath came in so that I could do exactly what I did this morning.  I wrestled the wreath back into that bag, swept or picked up the needles shed in the hallway, and carried it down to the trash dumpster as it was too large to go down the chute.  Got that done before the wintry mix settled in.

Throughout the afternoon, I put away the presents I had under the tree, then I packed up the Christmas decorations I had put out and put them away for another year.

Meanwhile, outside the nor'easter has rain/sleet/snow beating against my windows and soaking the balcony

The weather matches my spirit - not only was I putting Christmas away but I was reminded of what happened three years ago as Facebook shared all of my outraged posts over the attempted putsch.  I find the fact that so many have accepted the lies and whitewashing of what we watched on live TV to be more than a little discouraging.

My heart is heavy and my head hurts.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 195 - medicine and movies