Day 22 - another Monday

 Today is the 2nd day of the 4th week, the 22nd day of the 1st month, the 22nd day of 2024, and:

  • Answer Your Cat's Questions Day
  • Better Business Communication Day
  • Celebration of Life Day
  • Come in From the Cold Day
  • Community Manager Appreciation Day
  • Dance of the Seven Veils Day
  • International Sweatpants Day
  • National Blonde Brownie Day
  • National Hot Sauce Day
  • National Polka Dot Day
  • National Southern Food Day
  • Roe VS Wade Day
  • Sanctity of Human Life Day
  • World Scotch Pie Day

Quote of the day:
"Holding on always comes at a cost: primarily disappointment, and peripherally, exhaustion, because things are neither lasting nor dependable. Getting what we want is hard enough, but to keep what we have is impossible."



Staring a new year off with a month of five Mondays and only four Fridays just doesn't seem to be a good idea to me.  Then again, those who know me know I have never particularly been a fan of Monday mornings, at least not since I left school.  

Triscuit agrees.  Although she has come over to check on me, and for pets, when she settles down, she turns her back on me.

Maybe I haven't answered her questions?  Of course, to do so I would have to understand the question, neh?

My son is getting his infusion today.  The VA doctor is going to expand the search for clinical trials to national, concentrating first on the Baltimore area as he has family here and John Hopkins is here.  They are also working through the paperwork to have the VA agree to get a second opinion. 


The weather hereabouts is supposed to moderate from the bitter cold of the last week and weekend.  I can't remember the last time the snow on my balcony lingered this long, but then again, we haven't had much in the way of snow in the past few years.  Storms are forecast again in the middle of the week, but the temps are returning to abnormally mild, and it all should be just rain again.

Me?  The fatigue and the congestion continue from COVID continue, but fortunately, all my vaccinations are up to date.  I get another week to work from home, and that helps.   Bossman has made this week "liberal remote work" and stated he will going into the office "occasionally" [amusing as one of the things that we have all noted is that despite bossman's fondness for working in the office, he seldom actually spends an eight hour day there as the rest of us do when we go in, but flits in and out] , but the rest of us can user our own judgement.  He did this after I sent an email to the two gentlemen scheduled to be in the office today, informing them [and bossman] that my direct report would be continuing to work from home and recuperating from her bout with COVID.  She will go in on Wednesday afternoon and I will go in on Friday afternoon to check to see if there is any mail that needs processing

Over the weekend, I received a notice dated 01.12.2024 stating the current owners of my apartment complex, Enclave Holdings LLC and Nonconnah Holdings LLC, have entered into a sales agreement with Beach Hill Capital Investors [a Florida based company] to sell the property for $230 million.   I would love to see that appraisal, because I am betting the reason for the sale is the number of major repairs that need to be done to the heating/AC pipes.   I would also like to know the current occupancy rate of the 1,119 untils in the three different buildings, and that information would also be in the CRE appraisal report.  

In the seven years these people have owned the building [the original local owners were driving into bankruptcy back in 2008 and the bankruptcy court administered it very well for the first nine years I lived here] , they have sunk as little money as possible into maintenance and upkeep, and as it is an older building [it was built in 1965 and there were renovations done in 2008], this has caused many issues.  

The year of the wooden green dragon is off to an interesting start

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 195 - medicine and movies