day 363 - the last business day of 2023

 Today is the 6th day of the 52nd week, the 29th day of the 12th month, the 363rd day of 2023, and:

  • National 'Get on the Scales' Day
  • National Pepper Pot Day
  • No Interruptions Day
  • Still Need to Do Day
  • Tick Tock Day
  • YMCA Day - and you have just dated yourself if you started singing 
  • the fourth day of Kwanzaa - cooperative economics
  • the fifth day of the Twelve Days of Christmas - five golden rings if you are still singing
  • and Voyager 1 is 22h 34m 22s of light travel time from Earth

Quote of the day:
"I think the tiniest little thing can change the course of your day, which can change the course of your year, which can change who you are."

I moved into this apartment in July of 2009, the month after starting a new job.  I was sick and worn with untreated MRSA which finally was treated in September.  The boxes were everywhere, not just in the Disaster Area, and I didn't have the energy to unpack.  In fact, those boxes lingered for a couple of years, and my walls were bare.  

My daughter gave me this print in 2012 for Christmas because it is based on Sleeping Beauty, which is indeed my favorite Disney movie, and it was one of the first things that I actually hung on the walls of my apartment. 

After that, slowly I managed to pull myself together and start actually tackling those boxers.  The first milestone was getting rid of every box in my living space, and that was quite an accomplishment because it involved actually putting the books on the shelves and alphabetizing them.  And then, I started bringing things out of the Disaster Area and actually changing the apartment into my space again.   Pictures and craftwork adorned the walls.  The pig collection was rescued from obscurity and put on display.  The place became more comfortable and cozy.

And at last, I was home, finally.  The print still hangs in a place of honor where I placed it 11 years ago, but it is no longer alone.  

Sometimes you just never know how something can change how you live, neh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 195 - medicine and movies