Day 354 - lunch out and a short day

 Today is the 4th day of the 51st week, the 20th day of the 12th month, the 354th day of babbling, and:

  • Cathode-Ray Tube Day
  • Dot Your I's Day - and cross your t's 
  • Games Day
  • Go Caroling Day
  • International Human Solidarity Day
  • Mudd Day - celebrating the birthday of the man who's name was mud after 1865.  But if you are a Star Trek: The Original Series fan, you might've been thinking about Harcourt Fenton 
  • National Sangria Day
  • Poet Lauriat Day
  • earliest date possible for the Winter Solstice's Eve [Northern Hemisphere]
  • and Voyager 1 is 22h 33m 56s of light travel time from Earth

Quote of the day:
"Forgiveness is the final form of love."
~  Reinhold Niebuhr, an American Reformed theologian, ethicist, commentator on politics and public affairs, and professor

Today was the office Christmas party.  Well not actually a party, bossman just closed the office and we all went to a nice place for lunch, socialized and ate for a couple of hours, then headed home.  Bossman was kind enough to ferry me to the restaurant and take me back to my car at the office.  Nobody said or did anything shocking or unforgivable.  Not exactly a wild and crazy time, but seriously, what do you expect of seven banker types?  As folks use up their remaining PTO [it's use or lose here], some of us won't see each other until next year now.

I have been reflecting a lot about what forgiveness means as I have written this year, and what struck me about today's quote was the realization that until I can forgive myself [for sins both of commission and omission, things I have done and have failed to do], then I can't honestly say that I love myself.  

Gonna have to noodle on that one a bit....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 195 - medicine and movies