day 342 - wrapping up

 Today is the 6th day of the 49th week, the 8th day of the 12th month, the 342nd day of 2023, and:

  • Bodhi Day
  • Feast of the Immaculate Conception - never could figure the timing on this one out since we celebrate the birthday of Jesus born  17 days later....
  • National Brownie Day
  • National Christmas Tree Day
  • National Crossword Solvers Day
  • National Lard Day
  • National Salespersons Day
  • Official Lost and Found Day
  • Pretend to be a Time Traveler Day
  • Take It in the Ear Day
  • Toilet Paper Appreciation day -  first sold in the United States by Joseph C Gayetty back on this day in 1857
  • and Voyager 1 is 22h 33m 06s of light travel time from Earth

Quote of the day:
"I think that gadgets make for good gifts."
~  Diana Penty, Indian actress

So I'm actually rather pleased with myself - the wrapping is done!

First I started out yesterday checking my list and making sure everything had come in.  I had the Christmas music playing and took my time
Some things had been bagged [or wrapped by Amazon] but others needed to be done by me.  This is where I left the task last night and it was all still awaiting me this morning - no elves showed up to finish wrapping.  

And the final product!  

The four large packages were encased carefully in wrapping paper

Each person has a bag and each bag has five presents in there   For some reason, some of the gadgets being given are rather heavy, and those bags for three people are hard to manage.  One bag tore and needed to be patched, but looks okay.  Now all I have to worry about is how to get them down to the car and the car loaded on Christmas morning

For now?  everything was slid back into the Disaster Area and the living room is cleared out, including a trip downstairs to put all those big boxes in the recycling dumpster outside.  

Day two of vacation officially wrapped up.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 195 - medicine and movies