Day 321 - the best day of the week

 Today is the 6th day of the 46th week, the 17th day of the 11th month, the 321st day of this writing experiment, and:

  • Electronic Greeting Card Day
  • Homemade Bread Day - after working in a bakery during high school, I developed a life-long passion for freshly baked bread.  I don't bake it myself like I used to, but using Wildgrain has been a great substitute
  • International Happy Gose Day
  • International STAND UP to Bullying Day
  • International Students' Day
  • National Baklava Day
  • National Butter Day - so we all flirted with margarine because it was easier to spread, but nothing beats that real butter taste
  • National Farm Joke Day
  • National Take a Hike Day
  • National Unfriend Day
  • Omega Psi Phi Day
  • Substitute Educators Day
  • The Little Mermaid Day - the Disney film back in 1989 
  • Women's Entrepreneurship Day
  • World Peace Day
  • World Prematurity Day
  • and Voyager 1 is 22h 30m 57s of light travel time from Earth

Quote of the day:
"It’s hard to listen without judgment, to tolerate ambiguity, paradox, and, in some cases, ignorance. But if we are ever to experience any measure of true peace, this is something we will all need to learn."

One of the most difficult things to do in these fractured times is to listen with patience to what I can only characterize as nonsense.  To hear people I know personally to be good people in their personal lives just go off on tangents is more than a little difficult, and to be patronized by them because I am the one who has gone off the rails is maddening.  There seems to be no basis for a shared reality - even the weather has become fraught with controversy as the difference between climate and the daily weather seems to be beyond my powers to explain.  Even trying to point out that truth is always a three-edged sword [your POV, my POV, and reality] doesn't work.  Truly, I get it when families say they dread the inevitable Thanksgiving table talk

The work on the apartment below me continues [I am working from home today and can hear them] - they pretty much had to gut the living room area as the fire had damaged all the walls [this is not an actual photo, but gives you an idea] and there have been repairs in the kitchen which mandated turning off the water as well.  Haven't heard much banging in the bedroom or bathrooms yet, and Triscuit is harboring under the bed for the most part while they are working.  

I still have no idea of the fate of the two men taken out of the apartment burnt and unconscious  -  I feel very responsible for them in a way, as the fireman told me had I not called them in, they would've been DOA.  Never could find out anything about where they were taken, so I can only hope they are recuperating and are grateful for a second chance at life.  Whatever their issues were before, they are now complicated by the severity of their injuries, so I have been worrying a bit about their futures.  

On the whole, it was less stressful today for me at least.  The picayune questions have apparently been answered, altho I had to move one up to legal counsel as the argument intensified.  The loan closing is someone else's responsibility - if I am not available, the approved wire request for funding is in my coworker's hands as well.  Triscuit has decided to come out from under the bed and is lounging about.  

And it is Friday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 195 - medicine and movies