Day 317 - back to work this Monday

Today is the 2nd day of the 46th week, the 13th day of the 11th month, the 317th day of 2023, and:
  • Actor's Day
  • Laxmi Puja - actually this is part of Diwali and is part of the rituals celebrated yesterday
  • National Bread Pudding Day
  • National Hug a Musician Day
  • National Indian Pudding Day
  • National Mom's and Dad's Day
  • Sadie Hawkins Day - and yes, I always thought it was February 29th too
  • Sandwich Day
  • Sigd - Observed the 29th of Heshvan in the Hebrew calendar
  • Start a Rumor Day
  • Symphonic Metal Day
  • World Kindness Day
  • World Orphans Day
  • the development of the AK-47 was completed by the USSR in 1947
  • and Voyager 1 is 22h 30m 26s of light travel time from Earth 

Quote of the Day:
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
~ Aristotle

After four days off, it is time to gird the proverbial loins and settle back into the workaday routine.  As is the wont with Mondays, it really didn't go that well - too many pickayume details to tie up, too many annoying questions [those with glaringly obvious answers I find annoying], and to top it all off, I let someone online get me riled up.  I got genuinely angry, engaged in the back and forth, and had to walk away from the conversation.   
And sadly, I have to admit that my braying was just as loud as my antagonist's, so I will leave it up to the reader whether you want to picture me as the child or the critter.  

At least I was willing to walk away while the other person, obviously believing that having the last word constituted a win, continued to pontificate.  The subject of the altercation, interestingly enough was "free speech" and I was lambasted as being against it because I am not convinced Elon Musk was good for Twitter/X or is an actual "free speech absolutist" in practice.  

On the other hand?  

I was able to help someone at one of the credit unions we service figure out their monthly reports and understand our servicing processes, so that was an hour I don't regret at all.  

So in the global scheme of things, I guess I shouldn't write today completely off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 195 - medicine and movies