Day 233 - yup, it's Monday

Today is the 2nd day of the 34th week, the 21st day of the 8th month, the 233rd day of 2023, and:
  • Cupcake Day
  • International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism
  • Internet Self-Care Day
  • National Brazilian Blowout Day
  • National Spumoni Day
  • Poet's Day - you'll have to ask William Sieghart as to why he chose today back in 1994
  • Stay Home with Your Kids Day
  • World Senior Citizen's Day
  • and Voyager 1 is 22h 15m 23s of light travel time from Earth
Quote of the day:
"I think and think for months and years.  Ninety-nine times, the conclusion is false.  The hundredth time, I am right."
~ Albert Einstein 

The weekend slipped away from me - I am getting too old and too aware of the preciousness of time not to be dismayed when I lose a couple of days just laying still and feeling lousy, even while enjoying the fact that I have the option of relaxing in this way.   The good news is that I finally figured out that I was having a mild vertigo attack, doubtless brought on by the miserable allergy season compounded by the poor AQI due to the wild fire smoke haze - I had my windows open for a couple of nights, taking advantage of the cooler, dryer air, and that seems to have precipitated the problem.  Took the meds and started doing the epley exercise and am slowly returning to normal. 

Just in time to go back to work.  Oh happy happy joy joy!  

Regular readers will note that I haven't posted any construction updates on the parking lot work being done.  The lot has not yet been paved, but there isn't anything that I can see being done on the surface, despite shifting the parking areas, so I am assuming all the work in in the subterranean garage where I have not ventured.

The apartment next to me had the door fixed - not replaced - after the firemen broke it down during the fire alarm.  Turns out not only the door but the frame was bent and the locks were also replaced.  They came and painted it today - but my door was not repainted even tho it too had been broken into.  Doesn't really bug me - to my eyes neither door needed repainting, altho one can see where mine was struck.  My door [on the left] wasn't bent because I only had the lower lock on, not the dead bolt, so there was less damage.    Looks nice, but they didn't open the door when they painted it and the frame so I'm a little worried it will stick now.  Oh well, not my problem....

I was never able to learn what happened to those two young men, nor did I go down and gaze at their damaged apartment while it was being repaired.  I hope they are out of the hospital and slowly taking up their lives again.  I hope their close brush with death will make them more careful about their recreational activities in the future, and more mindful of the preciousness of friends and family.  I wish them and theirs well with all my heart  

The dog days of August are here, complete with the traditional HHH weather.  Next week, school will be back in session.  The week after that is the Labor Day weekend, and the official end of the summer season.  I never did see the sense of having school start before Labor Day, but most places do it nowadays. 

It's Monday [that does seem to be a constant theme once a week, doesn't it?] but bossman is in Williamsburg on vacation and everyone is taking a bit of a deep breath this week.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 195 - medicine and movies