Day 230 - finally Friday

today really is the 6th day of the 33rd week, the 18th day of the 8th month, the 230th day of 2023, and:

  • Birth Control Pills Day
  • Helium Discovery Day
  • Mail Order Catalog Day
  • National Bad Poetry Day
  • National Badge Ribbon Day
  • National Day of Action Against Bullying and Violence [used to be in March]
  • National Fajita Day
  • National Ice Cream Pie Day
  • National Kool-Aid Day
  • National Men's Grooming Day
  • Never Give Up Day
  • Pinot Noir Day
  • Serendipity Day
  • and Voyager 1 is 22h 14m 49s of light travel time, or 14,919,000,000 miles, from Earth
Quote of the day:
" We forget all too soon the things we thought we could never forget. "
~ Joan Didion, "On Keeping a Notebook

I have been trying since June 27th to get an appointment with a nephrologist - or at least that was the date I filled out the 11 page new patient form for them and said my GP had referred me.  Two months later, I am still going back and forth with them because apparently the "review doctor" hadn't decided I need to be looked at.  Never mind that my GP suggested it based on the symptoms, and the blood work .  Never mind that the lab tests show persistent low sodium, never mind that I am showing some of the symptoms of kidney disease, the review doc wasn't sure I had an issue until today, when I called and enumerated all my symptoms to the assistant also pointing out that I have already eliminated lung and heart issues.

The first available appointment?  September 27th - three months to the day after I contacted them.  Good thing it isn't an emergency?

And so the work week ends.  

It is Friday.  

It is payday.  

The weekend looms ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 195 - medicine and movies