Day 206 - one day at a time

Today is the 3rd day of the 30th week, the 25th day of the 7th month, the 206th day of 2023, and:
  • Culinarians Day
  • Feast of Saint James - the second apostle to die [Judas was the first] and the first martyr, also considered the patron saint of Spain
  • Health and Happiness with Hypnosis Day
  • International Afro-descendent Women's Day
  • International Red Shoe Day - Frank always liked red shoes
  • National Carousel Day
  • National Hire a Veteran Day
  • National Hot Fudge Sundae Day - cue my usual plaint, repeated whenever there is a sundae day, that since Friendly's closed all those stores, I don't even know where to go to get one anymore  
  • National Wine and Cheese Day
  • Thread the Needle Day
  • World Drowning Prevention Day
(( In case you are wondering why I haven't been posting Voyager's distance from the Earth, it's because it actually decreased a bit.    If you want up-to-date information, try NASA's site. ))(

Quote of the day:
"Subject and object—the perceiver and what is perceived—are not one, nor are they two. They are mutually dependent." 
~ Elizabeth Mattis Namgyel, “Tricycle Online Course: Finding Freedom

One of the things I have come to appreciate, is that it sometimes doesn't matter what the "facts" are when it comes to how people react to things.  What matters is their perception of those facts.  And how we perceive events and happenings says a lot more about us than it does the actual occurrence.  

Right now, my observation is that I just cannot get involved with a lot of angst over the radical right wing or the climate or the war in Ukraine or the destruction of Twitter or whatever is being blared out by the news and social media.  I have my opinion and I will support those who I feel are on the "right" side of these issues to the best of my ability, and the universe will just have to content itself with that.

Like Triscuit, I am going to husband my energy to deal with day-to-day decisions that keep life rolling on, at least for now.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 195 - medicine and movies