Day 195 - medicine and movies

 Today is the 6th day of the 28th week, the 15th day of the 7th month, the 195th day of 2023, and:

  • Bastille Day
  • Collector Car Appreciation Day
  • International Non-Binary People's Day
  • National French Fry Day
  • National Grand Marnier Day
  • National Mac and Cheese Day
  • National Motorcycle Day
  • National Tape Measure Day
  • Pandemonium Day
  • Robin Hood Day
  • Shark Awareness Day
  • Victims of the Nice France Attack Day
  • World Chimpanzee Day
  • World Kebab Day
  • World Orca Day

Quote of the day:
"History is a vast early warning system."
~ Norman Cousins, American political journalist, author, professor, and world peace advocate

Yesterday I cheered up my friend on her birthday by pointing out that she only had two more years to go until she could say she was a diamond 

Today I feel incredibly old.  Not only am I dealing with all the health symptoms I have described in great detail, but I had go to TWO doctor offices - one for a test and one to make sure they got the results of a test.  Seriously, my social life is narrowing down to this?  

And my son, my first-born, turned 50 today - which means I have been a mother for a half a century now.  

So after my visit to the medical building, I went to the movies.  Indiana Jones will always have a special place in my heart - I lost count of how many times I saw the first movie!  It was a very hot summer in 1981, and for one week, I would take my kids to a swim camp [at least I think that is where they were going] for the afternoon, and instead of driving back home after dropping them off, I would hide in the movie theater and watch the movie in glorious A/C, getting out just in time to go back and pick them up.  none of the following movies had quite the same magic as that first one.... 

This latest movie is good - the story was classic Indie, some old friends came back [and some even survived], and the Nazis were defeated again.  Yes some of the fight and chase scenes were a bit drawn out, but they were still entertaining.  Totally worth the cost of the ticket this afternoon and I would watch it again.  After all, only one man can really wear that fedora.....

And like Indie, I have to admit that even though my life hasn't been at his hectic pace, it's not the years, it's the mileage getting me down a bit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog