Day 191 - a case of the Mondays

 Today is the 2nd day of the 28th week,  the 10th day of the 7th month, the 191st day of 2023, and:

  • Clerihew Day - my submission....

        Wish the week was almost through
        Even though I have a lot to do
        The weekend is far from here
        And will be too short, I fear

          • Chronic Disease Day
          • Don't Step on a Bee Day - I did this once before I was old enough for school, and it cured me of ever wanting to go barefoot outside again.
          • Global Energy Independence Day
          • Independence Day - the Bahamas from the UK in 1973
          • International Town Criers Day
          • Martyrdom of the Bab - observed the 112th day of the year in the Baháʼí calendar
          • National Kitten Day
          • National Pina Colada Day
          • Nikola Tesla Day
          • Oil & Concentrates Day
          • Pick Blueberries Day
          • Teddy Bear Picnic Day
          • the last quarter of the moon at 9:49 PM EDT
          • and Voyager 1 is 22h 08m 15s of light travel time from Earth

          Quote of the day:
          To doubt everything, or, to believe everything, are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          ~ Henri Poincare, French mathematician, theoretical physicist, engineer, and philosopher of science

          I had to go into the office today instead of working from home

          My son had his chemo today and will be miserably sick for his birthday.

          As I was adding the cardiac testing to my calendar, I noted the reasons given for testing was 'patient complaining of fatigue, SOB, and a strange feeling.'  Care to take bets they are going to write if off as anxiety?  

          Two very unsatisfactory interactions with major borrowers, both miffed because I pointed out their loan payments were due on the 1st, and that yes, late charges would be applied if we got the payment after the 10th - the 'grace period' meant you have 10 days to get the payment to us.

          The pulmonologist [for the past months I have see the nurse practitioner] informed me he didn't think my lungs were the reason for my symptoms, told me to get more exercise, and released me.  Oh, and he wanted to know who the cardiologist was and then mentioned there was 'something' on my pancreas.  I requested the CAT scan be sent to my endocrinologist who is treating my diabetes 

          Supposedly a delivery was made over the weekend to the package room of a pair of sandals I had ordered.  When I stopped by after work, the sign on the door said they were on break until 6:30 PM.

          And finally?  My Factor meals were supposedly delivered to the front of my door this morning before noon.   There was no box there when I got home. Were they delivered to the wrong building?  Did someone take the box?  In this heat, the meals will not be any good after today unless someone has put them in their refrigerator....

          Ah well...   maybe someone who really needs the food took the box

          And we've eliminated one potential issue in the search to resolve what ails me

          Plus this is the last week I have to go into the office for three days - henceforth I only have to go in for two.  

          And the sandals can indeed wait until tomorrow

          Tomorrow is another day, neh?

          Comments

          Popular posts from this blog

          Day 195 - medicine and movies