Day 181 - the end of the 2nd Quarter

 Today is the 6th day of the 26th week, the 30th day of the sixth month, the 181st day of 2023, and:

  • California Avocado Day
  • Drive Your Corvette to Work Day
  • Independence Day - Democratic Republic of the Congo from Belgium in 1960
  • International Asteroid Day
  • International Cream Tea Day
  • International Sailor Moon Day
  • International Day of Parliamentarism 
  • Leap Second Adjustment Day [when scientists make one at least]
  • National Food Truck Day
  • National Meteor Watch Day
  • National OOTD [outfit of the day] Day
  • National Organization for Women Day
  • Social Media Day
Quote of the day:
"I really don't enjoy finance and accounting"
~ Holly Branson, Chief Purpose and Vision Officer on the Virgin leadership team, Chair of Virgin Unite, and Founder/Trustee of Big Change

If you had told me when I was in school that I would end up in a job that entailed working with accounting and reconciliations, I would've laughed at you and wouldn't have believed a word of what you were saying - I was going to be a teacher or librarian!  If you tried telling me this when I was in college, I would've said you didn't know me very well - I was going to either teach history/social science in junior high school [now called middle school in many places] or I was going to join the Peace Corps, then work in the State Department.  

And yet here I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 195 - medicine and movies