Day 167 - PTO day

 Today is the 6th day of the 24th week, the 16th day of the 6th month, and the 167th day of 2023, and:

  • Bloomsday
  • Fresh Veggies Day
  • International Day of Family Remittances - so many immigrants from every country and in every country where they land, send money and goods back to their families, many who live in rural areas 
  • International Day of the African Child
  • Ladies' Initiated in Baseball Day
  • National Cracker Jack Day
  • National Flip Flop Day
  • National Fudge Day
  • National Take Back the Lunch Break Day - too many of us eat lunch sitting at our desks, just getting on with the day.
  • National Vinegar Day
  • No Orange Clothes Day
  • Ugliest Dog Day
  • Wear Blue Day
  • Wish Fulfillment Day
  • Work at Home Fathers' Day
  • World Sea Turtle Day
Quote of the day:
"A person will sometimes devote all his life to the development of one part of his body - the wishbone."
~ Robert Frost 

Grandmom Hughes used to say I was wishing my life away because I was always wishing it would be the weekend, or my birthday, or summer vacation, or Christmas, or something like that.   I think about that a lot these days when there are fewer days ahead of me than trail behind me.  "Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives."  

I took off from work again this week - this time to take Triscuit [my rescue cat] back to the vet as she has continued convulsively grooming herself and has managed to irritate a stretch of her back, removing all her hair.  We found a tiny black bug in her fur, not a flea, and now she has to take meds for that, but the problem just seems to be her skin is really irritated.  This is our second trip in for this issue - like the last time, she got a steroid shot for itching, but that will wear off in a month or so.  The other possibility we discussed is anxiety-reducing medications, but I'm not sure what is triggering her after a year of living with me?  I can tell you if I have to coral her and take her into the vet's every month, she will be anxious indeed because she is thoroughly traumatized by the entire experience.  I actually had to prod her out from underneath furniture to get her in the carrier, which she then tipped off the chair where I had placed it twice.  Then when we got to the vet's she had to be tipped out of the carrier.  Since we've been home, she has ventured over to me a couple of time - as long as I am sitting down - but she has spent the rest of the day under the bed.

There were a couple of errands that I had to run, and I had planned to do so, then treat myself to brunch at IHOP, but I ended up surprising myself by not wanting to do that.  Instead?   just getting comfortable and playing online [campaigning in Diablo IV mostly] sounded preferable to being out and about.

This is a long weekend too!  I hadn't picked this Friday to be off because of that, but Juneteenth is on Monday this year.  And Sunday is Father's Day, so we're all going to brunch to help my son-in-law celebrate that.

Sounds good to me.  

Now I just wish Triscuit would forgive me 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 195 - medicine and movies