Day 145 - I'm ready for my closeup

 Today is the 6th day of the 21st week, the 26th day of the 5th month, the 146th day of 2023, and:

  • European Neighbors' Day
  • Independence Day - Guyana from the UK in 1966
  • National Blueberry Cheesecake Day
  • National Chardonnay Day
  • National Cherry Desert Day
  • National Cooler Day
  • National Death Busters Day
  • National Don't Fry Day
  • National Heat Awareness Day
  • National Paper Airplane Day
  • National Polka Day
  • National Road Trip Day
  • National Sorry Day [nope not Canada, but Australia]
  • National Title Track Day
  • National Wig Out Day [I really miss wearing my wigs!  It was different actually having lots of hair]
  • Sally Ride Day
  • Savuot
  • World Dracula Day - hard to believe that Bram Stoker was published 126 years ago.  Everyone agreed that in 1930, Bela Lugosi made the role his own, but my favorite has been Frank Langella.  
  • World Lindy Hop Day
  • World Redhead Day

Quote of the day:
"The meditative experience is the practice of dying, the practice of letting go 
 ~ Bruce Joel Rubin, "Reel to Real"

So the project today was to go and pick up my friend, get our passport pictures taken, then fill out the form for her, bundle everything together, and mail both of our passports off for renewal.

The left picture is the one I had taken in August 2013; the right the one I had taken today.  I obviously had been outside a lot more as it was late in the summer, still had red hair, and was trying harder to have a pleasant look on my face.  Today the hair is died red, they wouldn't let me wear my glasses [I thought that was odd because I am never seen in public without them], and I look rather sadder.  They give you two shots for $8 at the UPS Store, and we stapled one to our renewal forms.

They very much look like mug shots, don't they?  


Mission accomplished.  

Now to see if they will accept the renewal forms.  I already know they might complain about what I put down for hair color [natural - gray; colored - red] and that I added a third alternate name to their form.  On her form, there was no "white" in the hair color pick list so I put down "grey" [much to her annoyance] and I forgot to put in her weight.  Fortunately we had both signed our passports, altho I hadn't signed mine until today.

That and visiting took up the bulk of the day, but I was home by 3 PM and just vegged out for the rest of the day - a little reading, a little TV, a little meandering about online, a little gaming, etc etc etc

Let the holiday weekend commence!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 195 - medicine and movies