Day 143 - the last workday of the week

 Today is the 4th day of the 21st week, the 24th day of the 5th month, the 143rd day of 2023 [and no, this is not redundant info because the day noted in the title marks the number of consecutive blogging babbles I have racked up], and: 

  • Aldersgate Day or Wesley Day
  • Asparagus Day
  • Aviation Maintenance Technician Day
  • Bermuda Day [ the traditional day altho in 2018 the government moved it to the nearest Friday.  Time to go to the sea, and to break out the Bermuda shorts! ]
  • Brothers' Day
  • Emergency Medical Services for Children Day  [again?  who keeps these lists accurate, anyway?]
  • Independence Day - Eritrea from Ethiopia in 1993  [ I knew about this country as they had a spot in one of the temporary pavilions in EPCOT for the turn of the century celebrations.  I was exploring alone, and the lovely young lady served me a very thick, sweet coffee and talked about why her country was different for almost 45 minutes ]
  • International Tiara Day
  • Morse Code Day [some observe this on April 27th.  I wonder why?]
  • National Escargot Day
  • National Scavenger Hunt Day
  • National Yucatan Shrimp Day
  • National Wyoming Day - the day it became the 44th state, so called "the Equality State"
  • World Schizophrenia Day
Quote of the day:
"We are here and it is now.  Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine."
~ HL Mencken,  American journalist, essayist, satirist, and scholar of American English.  [ He apparently espoused the theory that I have often expressed that there is no such thing as an historical fact. ]

Today is supposed to be the day that everyone is in the office for face2face interactions that build company culture and show the level of commitment we have to the business:
  • bossman and the senior credit guy are on vacation.  Both get back tomorrow
  • the senior lender decided to drive to Nashville for a week off next week.  He took PTO today and will be working remotely for Thursday and Friday.
  • the second lender decided to schedule a client luncheon in Annapolis, which is conveniently near his home, so he is working remotely today
  • one credit analyst scheduled workman to be in his home today
That leaves three of us in the office today.  I guess I am the officer on duty.  Loan Servicing [me and my direct report] are going out to lunch leaving the newest credit analyst here alone in the meantime. 

So how am I ignoring the stresses of work, news, and family these days?  As usual, I head for my 2nd life.....

I take mental health breaks by trying to figure out the puzzles in Obduction, and consulting multiple walkthru videos and guides when I get stuck [which is fairly often].  I have played many of Cyan's games since MYST, a game I dearly loved and managed to solve every puzzle myself.  Can't say that about any of the sequels since I honestly don't think the way the developers obviously do - I can figure out what to do, usually, but I don't always get the correct order in which to do the tasks right.  Sometimes there are things that are just red herrings - I typed in a code on this box and have been worried because the box disappeared and showed up somewhere else, and I thought I had to figure out how to reset it....   Had to research it online!

You know, when all is said and done, reality is really very overrated despite the good graphics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 195 - medicine and movies