Day 110 - frustration redux [redux AGAIN]

Today is the 5th day of the 16th week, the 20th day of the 4th month, the 110th day of  2023, and:
  • 420 Day  AKA National Weed Day- no it actually is not the police channel call sign, or at least it didn't used to be before the urban legend...
  • Chinese Language Day
  • College Student Grief Awareness Day
  • Get to Know Your Customers Day - this is a quarterly observance just in case you were wondering
  • International Cli-Fi [climate change fiction] Day 
  • International Pizza Cake Day - no, not what you usually order for delivery.  That's a pizza pie.
  • Lima Bean Respect Day
  • National As An Atheist Day
  • National Cheddar Fries Day
  • National D.A.R.E. Day
  • National High Five Day
  • National Look Alike Day - do avatars count?
  • National Pineapple Upside-down Cake Day
  • Volunteer Recognition Day
  • the new Moon at 12:15 AM EDT
Picture of the day:  now and then the Bing wallpaper is just breathtakingly beautiful

Juniper Springs, Ocala National Forest, Florida, USA

One of the joys of getting older and being on lots and lots of meds is that some of those medications cause flatulence.  Yean that's the fancy way of saying I have gas - lots and lots of gas, and to put it bluntly, I fart a lot.  Sometimes loudly.  Sometimes, depending on what I eat I guess, very stinky.  And I have no control over when it comes out and altho I try to make it to the bathroom when I can feel it coming [ TMI warning - because now and then it's not just gas ], often it just comes out, especially when I stand up or am walking....  All I can do is say "excuse me" and keep it moving, trying to ignore the stench and tap down my welling embarrassment.

And speaking of medications.....

Way back on day 37 and prior to the conversion, I finished up the frustrating saga of the Libre and Libre2 sensors and readers that I had started 13 days earlier  (( why yes, those are links to the posts I just referenced, thank you for noticing! ))

So, at the beginning of April, I was down to the last of my sensors.  The prescription allowed three refills, so I requested a refill.  It was delayed of course as I was getting six at one time, but I was able to pick them up on April 5th.  

Yesterday evening, the existing sensor ran out [they are good for 14 days unless they come off before that for some reason, which happens now and then], and I got it off and went thru the ritual of installing a new one - basically shooting myself in the upper back arm with a needle.
  
Then I have to scan the sensor into the app.  And there I ran into a problem....

I looked at the prescription label on the box - yup it sure does say Libre2, so what's the problem?  I pull out the reader, that won't work with this sensor either.  

Then I tore off the label and looked at the box underneath....

Someone had covered up the type of sensor and given me an old style one that couldn't use the app

And I called the pharmacy.  Yes they have the Libre2 in stock.  Yes they can replace the incorrect one, but I have to bring back the one that was wrong first.  Yes they understand I actually used it and it has to be trashed.  And so today, after I get off from work, I have to make another trip to the pharmacy and see if I can indeed get this fixed.

Well at least I learned I can pry a sensor off if I have too - didn't hurt that much and only bled a little.  Of course I still have my old monitor and could've gone back to finger sticks for two weeks until the sensor fell off, but it really wasn't worth it

When did I become one of those old folks always talking about aches, pains, meds, and doctors????

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 195 - medicine and movies