day 84 - the last Saturday of March 2023

Today is the 7th day of the 12th week, the 25th day of the 3rd month, the 84th day of 2023, and:
  • Brothers' and Sisters' Day
  • Earth Hour [always the last Saturday in March] - turn off your lights at 8:30 PM your time
  • Endometriosis Day - little is taught about this problem, but I can tell you from personal experience that it is miserable to live with.  The only way they could rid my body of mine was to perform a complete hysterotomy 
  • Independence Day - Greece from the Ottoman Empire in 1921
  • International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade
  • International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members
  • International Day of the Unborn Child
  • International Waffle Day
  • Maryland Day - the anniversary of the founding of the third English colony in North America back in 1634
  • National Cerebral Palsy Awareness Day
  • National Day of Celebration of Greek and American Democracy
  • National Lobster Newburg Day
  • National Medal of Honor Day
  • Old New Year's Day - (Lady Day) in England, Wales, Ireland, and some of the future United States and Canada from 1155 through 1751, until the Calendar (New Style) Act 1750 moved it to 1 January (and adopted the Gregorian calendar. (The year 1751 began on 25 March; the year 1752 began on 1 January.)
  • Pecan Day
  • Support Women Artists Now Day
  • Tolkien Reading Day
  • Walk in the Sand Day
  • Whole Grain Sampling Day
Quote of the day:
"Awareness itself is the primary currency of the human condition, and as such it deserves to be spent carefully.
~ Andrew Olendzki, “Busy Signal

This weekend is the second weekend for the beta Diablo IV; the first one was last weekend for those of us who pre-purchased it.  I haven't dived in yet.  Like books that I have collected and not read, I have several games that I have bought, and some that I have downloaded, because I want to explore them, but have not taken the time and energy to do so.  Quite frankly, I find that my attention bandwidth is limited these days as I deal with my health, my family, and work.  Already firmly committed to a second life both in SL and Sovaria, plus actively playing through Diablo III's Season 28, there just isn't a lot of leftover bandwidth for a new game, especially one with a pretty steep learning curve.  

After all, there are priorities....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 195 - medicine and movies