Day 59 - EOM

 Today is the 3rd day in the 9th week, the 28th day of the 2nd month, the 59th day of 2023 [with only 299 shopping days until Christmas], and:

  • Car Keys and Small Change Day
  • Digital Learning Day
  • Floral Design Day
  • Global Scouse Day
  • International Repetitive Strain Injury Awareness Day
  • National Chocolate SoufflĂ© Day
  • National Public Sleeping Day
  • National Science Day
  • National Tooth Fairy Day
  • Rare Disease Day
  • World Spay day

Instead of a quote of the day, here is a picture that I found yesterday that resonates with my mood as the path forward just fades away....  I found it in the wilds of social media with no location noted, but according to Google, it's a shot of the Szechenyi Chain Bridge in Budapest that crosses the Danube River. 

Disappearing into the fog

Apartment life:

The management office gave us two weeks of warnings being posted in the building, and emails being sent, with the below diagram showing where the work would be done and which parking spaces would be impacted   Now the initial message did not state those cars in the garage below needed to move, but it was pretty obvious to me.  I went to the management office that day, turned in my garage parking tag and moved to the garage on the other side of the building.

So, at 7AM yesterday morning, the construction crew reported to the parking lot on my side of Building B, ready to work.   

Of course, the first order of business was to remove the cars from the area because despite all the forewarning that as of 7 AM 02.27.2023 all cars had to be moved, there were cars left in the way.  I was rather impressed with the tow truck drivers' ability to back cars into spaces with cars parked on both sides already!  Of course, we were treated with a cacophony of car alarms going off - I wonder how many dead batteries there were from that?  Fortunately, the sound was muted with the windows closed and the heat running, but I imagine it got pretty loud for those on the lower floors of the building.  Most cars filled up spots nearby, but some where ported over to the parking lot for the adjacent building.  I have no idea how those people are going to find their vehicles.  

When that was all cleared away, the perimeter of the site was finally laid out and materials stacked.  I have to give those workers credit - it was a miserable chilly and damp day with intermittent showers, and they just kept working.   I was really tempted to go downstairs and take a look to see how many cars were left in the garage because the entry/exit was completely blocked off!  This morning, when I got up, the netting across the garage entrance had been taken down, and some of the cones were gone, but I don't know whether or not the workers did that or folks swiped the cones to save their parking spaces with them, or someone tore down the netting, moving the cones, so they could get their car out in the evening.  A little later in the morning, the workers replaced the cones with netting, so nothing is going in and out anymore.

I think I will chronicle the progress of the project - just posting update pictures since it is part of #theviewfromthebalcony.  The parking lot / garage repairs on the other side of the building seemed to take forever - almost two years - so it will be interesting to see how this project goes.   I wonder how much noise and dust there will be, which will impact us when we want to open our windows

Bet the management office is hopping today....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 195 - medicine and movies