Day 48 - conversions suck

Today is the 6th day of the 7th week, the 17th day of the 2nd month, the 48th day of 2023 [with only 300 shopping days left until Christmas], and:
  • Analog to Digital TV Day
  • Champion Crab Races Day
  • Flip Flop Day
  • Girl Scout Cookie Sales [from today to March 26th]
  • My Way Day
  • National Cabbage Day
  • National CafĂ© au Lait Day
  • National Caregivers Day
  • National Indian Pudding Day
  • National PTA Founders' Day 
  • National Public Science Day
  • National Women's Heart Day
  • No One Eats Alone Day
  • Random Acts of Kindness Day - also celebrated on September 1st, and there is a RAK Friday in November 
  • Who Shall I Be Day
  • World Human Spirit Day
Quote of the day:
"If there is no struggle, there is no progress."
~ Frederick Douglas, American social reformer, abolitionist, orator, writer, and statesman

I was a charter member of CeoExpress, starting with them back in 1998 when they first offered the service as a free tool to enable one to "carry" all of your personal link to any computer.  When they went to a paid service, I gladly subscribed.  I loved being able to sort my weblinks into categories like:  vendors, reference, odds 'n ends, conferences, blogs/discussions/journals/the final frontier, banking/ Middle Earth, Disney, etc.  I loved being able to split page views, with tabs for my links, news and info, business research, tools, travel, breaktime.   On March 3rd, 2011 I started blogging on their platform with my first post 'and so it begins'.  In that post, I tell the story of other blogs that have come and gone and why I don't have archives that I can share.

But back in January 2021, CeoExpress as a company started scaling back.  First the email addy went away.  I asked about the blogs, how long they would remain, what plans there would be to allow us to download a backup, and was told they would get back to me as that hadn't been decided yet.  I haven't heard anymore about it.

Now the platform had some limitations.  Posting pictures and video's was difficult, I had to have an url and couldn't upload them.  Now and then linking to another web page wouldn't work.  There was a very rigid word limit that I ran afoul of more than once.  On the other hand?  I could create more than one profile and was able to link beladona to the blog.  Readers could subscribe to it and get new posts, and altho I wasn't terribly faithful about keeping it current, it served the purpose well enough - and being on a paid service, I felt it wouldn't just POOF one day.  But in the past months, issues are starting to multiply.  Subscribers stopped receiving notices of blog posts.  When I posted links to the post of the day, sometimes the link wouldn't open, or take one to the entire blog rather than a specific post.  But the last straw for me was when an entire post just vanished - day 46 of this years chronicle is lost and gone forever - I cannot see it on the website, and the links I posted on social media just takes you to the general blog site

And so?  I'm going to try this platform, and see what happens....



and so it begins - again

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 195 - medicine and movies