Day 212 : EOM July version

Today is the 2nd day of the 31st week, the 31st day of the 7th month, the 212th day of 2023, and:

  • Ka Hae Hawaiʻi Day
  • National #Love Day
  • National Avocado Day
  • National Cotton Candy Day
  • National Jump for Jelly Beans Day
  • National Mutt Day
  • National Orgasm Day
  • National Raspberry Cake Day
  • Shredded Wheat Day
  • Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day
  • World Ranger Day
Quote of the day:
"I don't see what's so terrific about creating people as people and then getting upset 'cause they act like people
~ said Adam severely,  Terry Prachett and Neil Gaiman in Good Omens 

I have officially lived in this exact apartment for 14 years as of the 28th.  

In the past 14 years, I have received via USPS such things as government documents [including my passport 10 years ago], checks, bills, driver information, medications, Christmas presents, ballots, catalogs and magazines with all variations of my name from first and last to full legal name.  

But for some reason, the mail person on Saturday decided to scan in my passport  as 'undeliverable, addressee unknown' and apparently it is being returned to sender, not that I can verify that

I spent the evening on Saturday and all day on Sunday trying not to worry because I couldn't reach anyone.  This morning, after 54 minutes on the phone with USPS, then another hour on the phone with Passport Services, the best they can tell me is call Passport Services back around August 14th to see if it has been returned.  If it has been, then I can request re-delivery.  If it hasn't been, then I can report it lost or stolen and start the replacement process.  

There is nothing I can do.  This is neither in my realm of control nor influence.  Time to be all zenlike and chill out

EOM, a full moon, and missing a vital personal ID.  Yeah, going to be hard not to stew...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 195 - medicine and movies